13.1.2013

You know, when you are getting old

When you get old, you might get a hit on your head and start to love the Finnish national sport: cross-country skiing. Now I have an announcement: I'm old. 

A Week ago I bought my own skies, ski poles and skiing shoes. Last time I owned any ski equipment is when I was about 16 years old. It was a time, when I had to take part for school skiing / sports lessons. It was also the time, when sport lessons killed any kind of enthusiasm for sports. Especially for skiing. 

I have to admit that the idea of skiing (and I'm not talking about downhill skiing, when I talk about skiing) has been in my mind for several years already. Finally the end of the last year in Lapland I decided to take the next time and here we go. I just returned from the 8 km skiing trip and I'm planning the new one already. This 8 km might sounds very short, but for person like me, who haven't skied really for years, it's a long trip. I am sure, I will feel it tomorrow. Now I feel just happiness. 

2 kommenttia:

  1. Joo, ei ole kuin yksi suunta elämässä nykyään ja se on mummoutuminen! Sullon sukset, mulla on asunto täynnä vanhaa roinaa!

    VastaaPoista