14.2.2012

A little bit of Beijing
















Beijing, China. 

We are getting along, but we are not going to be best buddies. It has been a hard trip for me so far. It has been the hardest trip of my life (don't worry, I'm just OK and in Hong Kong at the moment I write this).

Beijing itself is huge, cold and not so easy to access as I hoped. It is so huge that you might walk for a long time without seeing really anyone. Can you imagine that to happen in China? Nope. This is a good season to travel to China, because there is not that many tourists (or any other people).

In Beijing it's totally fine to stare at the people. As I've been the only western around, I've been so much stared. Luckily it happens to be my favourite hobby as well, so I stare them back.

There are not that many people, who can speak English. That's pretty hazardous especially in the restaurants, when me as a vegetarian, try to make sure that there is absolutely not any meat in that food. Guess how many times I've got food with the meat.

Generally Chinese are very friendly, they try to help or at least smile back.

In my favourite place, metro, no one is reading a book, but everyone has a smart phone, which they are touching. Oh, and I had a interesting coincidence in the public toilet at the mall: I needed to go to toilet and I was checking, if there was any unoccupied. There was a one with the door open, but what I saw: a young Chinese girl doing her dump on the hole (reikävessa) and touching her smart phone at the same time. Now I understand the research about the amount of bacterium in the phones..


It's a Valentine's Day and I'm alone in Hong Kong. I feel a bit shit about that, because here it's very big thing. I think I will pack myself inside my hotel room as early as I can, watch the news and eat candies. 

People, love each others. It's the most important task in our lives.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Hyvää ystävänpäivää! <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hyvää ystävänpäivää Dadaliini. :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Nöpö! Ole oma ystäväsi, siis sano ittelles: "hyvää päivää minä sanon!"

    Minua se aina auttaa.

    VastaaPoista