16.9.2012

Farewell my big, hairy friends






This autumn is bringing a big change in my family's life. Our farm will stop being a milk farm and all the cows are moving. Already now most of the cows have got a new home and the rest will most likely move to their new farms by the end of this month. 

It's going to be strange to me even though I haven't lived there since ages. But it has been my home, it is still and the cows have always been there. Cows have been funny hairy friends with the big tongue. Our cows have always been like pets or almost like family members. When I was child I remember that I was counting that in our family we had something like 30+ women (my mother, sister and me plus all the cows) and two men (my father and my brother). There are so many stories with the cows - happy ones and sad ones. 

But having cows nowadays is so hard work. Especially, if you do it alone. My mother has been keeping the farm with my brother 's big help and now the time is up, there isn't much more energy left anymore. I'm going to miss the cows, but this way it's going to be easier for everyone.  

A cow is always going to be my own totem animal. 

2 kommenttia: